Implementation Regulations Governing Voluntary Renewable Energy Certificates
1. Renewable Energy: Refers to renewable energy specified in Article 3 of the Renewable Energy Development Act.
2. Renewable Energy Power Facility (hereinafter referred to as the Power Facility): Refers to a renewable energy power facility specified in Article 3 of the Renewable Energy Development Act.
3. Renewable Energy Certificate (hereinafter referred to as the Certificate): Refers to a certificate issued by the National Renewable Energy Certification Center, Bureau of Standards, Metrology and Inspection, MOEA (hereinafter referred to as the Certification Center) after inspecting a power facility and verifying its power generation.
4. Applicant: Refers to a renewable energy power generating enterprise or a self-use renewable energy power generating facility setter, except for those participating in the feed-in tariff scheme and the GHG emission offset project.
1. Company registration certificate, business registration certificate, plant registration certificate, or other equivalents or ID documents.
2. Proof of relevant issuance documents of a Renewable Energy Power Facility specified in accordance with the provisions of the second paragraph of the preceding article.
3. Other relevant documents specified by the Certification Center.
The transfer of the Certificate will be limited to once. However, if the circumstances are exceptional and get approved by the Certification Center, it shall not be limited.
If application documents do not meet the requirements, the Bureau of Standards, Metrology and Inspection, MOEA (hereinafter referred to as the BSMI) shall inform the Applicant to correct documents within 14 working days following the date of a notice served. Additional 14 working days may be extended if necessary. Those who have not completed the document correction within the prescribed time limit, BSMI may dismiss the application cases on its own initiative.
f application documents meet the requirements after review, the Applicant shall cooperate with the Certification Center to execute the on-site inspection within 3 months upon the acceptance of the application; however, the Applicant may apply for the extension for up to 3 months towards the Certification Center with proper causes. If the Applicant still fails to cooperate in the on-site inspection, the BSMI will dismiss and reject the application cases.
If the on-site inspection does not meet the requirements, the Applicant may apply to the Certification Center for the second inspection with related evidence attached within 14 working days following the date of the report received. To apply for the second inspection and review is no more than once.
The Certification Center may execute the follow-up inspection of the Power Facility and the follow-up verification of its power generation on a regular basis or from time to time.